Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mid-day slump

It is that evil mid-day slump time. I need to go get coffee, and I wish the project I was working on would allow me to shut off my computer and just work on it on paper... I am more productive that way, because you better believe I multi-task to no effectiveness when I have a computer on... case in point, I am writing this blog post instead of adding more to the project description or the effect on human population this project will have for a document for the Federal Grant award... that most likely someone will skim over, and maybe some student doing a thesis down the line, might read. But lets get real, no one is going to really read the damn thing.


Ok, enough of that, I felt excited this morning because I discovered a new combo in the closet. Typically I wear this shirt with just jeans for a casual Friday outfit (which in Arcata is still a dressy outfit). And was all giddy when I looked in the mirror with it with this skirt (remember this is the skirt that I forgot existed and just showed up in there one day, I love with that happens... anyways, back on topic)


Top - consignment
Skirt - consignment I think
Shoes- BCBG girl wedges via the Discovery Store
Watch - Citizen

and now I am debating purchasing a beautiful Nikon DSLR... hmmm I want to, and its a steal for a practically brand new camera (used 1 day) from a high school friend. 2 lenses from 18mm-200mm. Its the D3000 model if anyone knows anything about them, any input would be greatly appreciated. It comes with the Case, a 4gb memory card, 2 batteries and the charger too. Listed for $675 obo, for a friend $500 obo.. what would you offer... its a steal either way after all... Or do I really need it at all. Christmas present to me?

Why do I want expensive things... I already know of 2 weddings I am attending next year, and I would like to travel a little bit, even if its just on a little vacation... but do I need it for that??


1 comment: