Alright, time to play a little catch up on what is happening in life right now. 1. I am sooo in love with this skirt... Although I have a really tough time photographing prints in a way that don't make them look massively overwhelming to my body. I promise they do not, which is why I decided to post this one anyways, and start with the side shot, b/c in fact it makes me look itty bitty... see!
Absolutely love (and I may be slightly obsessed with the new steve madden wedges that have appeared none stop since I got them).
In other news, I am about to go through serious withdrawals and am currently in denial of my good friend Kristen moving away. I am so incredibly excited for her to move to Bend, to love the snow season, live with the boyfriend, and get the Firk out of Arcata and Humboldt. But I am going to miss her, A LOT. A LOT A LOT... she has been commonly referred to my sanity here, a fellow Cal Poly grad, she is my appointment to get out the front door and run, she is a wine and dinner date, a chick flick, a great friend... and I am going to get very lonely and be far more aware of how few people I do know here that are good friends and not acquaintances, co-workers, out age me by 8-10 years min., well you get the point.
Being "stuck" in Arcata has been far less difficult having Kristen around... and even as I write this, I am still in denial about it. I mean, what will it be without Kristen here?? I think I might go crazy, hopefully an exit will show itself shortly after Tyler and her depart. I can hope.
top - Simply Vera via Kohls
Skirt - Target
Shoes - Steve Madden via consignment
And in other news (sorry, I have been holding out/really freakin' busy) I will be on my way to SF tomorrow at this time (SOOOOOO EXCITED) to go to the West Coast Green Conference. I had applied back a few weeks for a scholarship to attend, not thinking there really was a chance I would get awarded, I signed up to volunteer a few days after that. Within' an hour of submitting my volunteer paperwork, I get an email saying I was awarded the scholarship! Pretty much my explanation of why I want to attend is because I am on the Board of Directors (I know, I am starting young, and yes I do things productive for them at the ripe age of 24) for Humboldt Plan It Green. As an organization that is growing, and growing quickly, especially with our annual conference, it would be great to see another growing conference and get ideas, and possible speakers for our event in April. Also.. this is a great networking opportunity for myself to just meet as many people that work in SF/bay area as humanly possible. Its an opportunity to gain those connections to network a job.
Beyond that I am very excited about this event due to the array of speakers and topics, there is a wide gamete of interested parties involved, from planning, building, architecture, to business products, public heath, etc.
Should be great, and well, its an excuse to go to SF... I love San Francisco... *sigh* can't wait.
So, with that I leave you, I will try and post a bit while I am in Sf... and I will try and take some pictures at the conference and of my outfits (because of course I have got to have the right get up on for the whole networking gig :) )
Have a lovely weekend, between the conference I hope to meet up with good college friends, Rugby Patrick (look for some post back in February for the back story on that one), and some good baseball... GO PADRES!
No comments:
Post a Comment