Anyhow, here is another swap item, I think its suppose to be a dress, but since its getting cooler around these parts, I am trying to find ways to wear these spring/summer dresses the rest of the year. I haven't come up with too much of a variation off of other outfits, but when something isn't broke, don't try to fix it, right??
Oh, and I need your help, I am going to Portland for thanksgiving, a WHOLE week actually! And I want to go thrifting, now I know there are a billion gazillion vintage shops, and as much as I would love to actually shop there, window shopping is all I would be able to afford there. I want the good thrift shops to hit up, so if you live in Portland, or know someone that does, or just went yourself... give me the details, I am going to have 2 whole days on my own to explore, so if there are things non-related to clothes (aka just cool places one must see or eat at, or drink at, etc) hand over the goods so that I can maximize my enjoyment... and possibly fall in love with another City.
dress- clothing swap
belt- Target
leggings - Target
boots - American Eagle
When I was up there this last time, for the 1/2 marathon from hell hosted in part by the rain gods (assisted with a self inflicted day and a half hangover) I met a boy that was a friend of the friends I was staying with. Long story short, he was a nice boy that gave me a peck and my intoxicated irish self reciprocated with more then just a peck... only drunk irish Heather would ever be that forward, btw. Anyways, Boy has since been very interested in seeing me again, and after a few debates of him coming down here vs. me go up there, I will be going up there for the week of Thanksgiving. Nerve wracking? A little. Somewhat exciting? Yes. A long time since I have had a boy talking about what he is going to cook me for Thanksgiving? I don't think thats ever happened. Time for Heather to just let something be what it is, enjoy it and not over think or over plan it? Very much so.
Yes it is technically a big holiday, but I am trying to play down that part, both of us are too far away from family to go home for the occasion. It is, if nothing else, an excuse to see Portland and hang out with someone that is very excited to show me the City. Who knows what will happen, as you heard my relationship spheal extensively, already last month. But I am going to play this trip like so, I am going to Portland, have a boy stoked to host me for the week, show me the City, go play in the snow at Mt Hood!!!!!!, and just over all relax away from Arcata. If that much occurs I will be content and will consider it a great trip. I think that is possible....
oh! and if I come back with some sweet finds from the thrifting, etc.... so send any suggestions over!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment