Thursday, July 8, 2010

happy post anniversary to me

I have made it a year in the professional year. Bazaar to think about and imagine, but I arrived back to Humboldt last July 5th, started work the 7th... and here we are, a year later... crazy. One year under my belt to push me further forward is always a good thing, and I have gained a sense of professional self, which is invaluable and something only acquired with time I believe, although I can say they do not, nor do I think really can, prepare you for that aspect in college; a fair warning would have been nice*

Sooo I really need to look more excited about the day in my pictures, maybe I should take them after work, awake and excited to be home... anyhow... here is a boring combo, but I wanted to show you the Ann Taylor skirt I scoped up for 2.50... After wearing it at day... I am not sure if its an exact match, as I have been trying to develop more personality in my clothing choices, but I guess its a basic, and you can work with that? Might end up going to someone that will use it more if I don't become better friends, its just kinda a 'uh' piece, but its good quality, and well... its a bit dull (I think that's my word today, maybe I am feeling more dull than life is right now, ehh, its Thursday)



shirt- Target
vest - thrifted $2
(a bit funky as it is cotton, but has potential to make other outfits fun, not sure about this one though)
skirt - Ann Taylor via thrift $2.50
shoes -green Chinese Laundry, $20

I am starting to play with all the gadgets here, and should start editing my photos in photo shop, I have the programs after all, should utilize them. Also I have come to realize cheating for this is just going to work out better sometimes. An outfit or two this week (although I did wear a similar mix of the items) where taken on Sunday, when I had the time, patience, and ability to at least try to work with the timer on the camera. Please be patient with me, and provide feedback if you feel so inclined of ways to improve, things you like, etc.
*disclaimer - it may have been discussed and I was either hung over, or just not listening... but you'd think they would tell you more than once

2 comments:

  1. I like the skirt- add a pop of color like a bright scarf or piece of jewelry and I think you'd like its simplicity a lot more. :)

    And if you're STILL not feeling the skirt, send it my way! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was the back up plan, don't you worry... i'm sure eventually it will make it your way ; )

    ReplyDelete