I should arrive home to some sweet running shorts, that hopefully will be "the pair" for my race at the end of July. I have a yellow top on the way as well that should be here late this week, or early next week as well.
And here's the big one....
I have approached eBay again. And I believe I am going to ban myself from it for a few months due to a purchase of a nice accessory today, that I am planning on retaining for a good portion of my life... I think I am entering a phase of at least looking towards quality life long item purchases, which can be very dangerous, being that quality normally equally a slightly larger price tag.
The Eco-geek in me, is big on thrifting, second hand what you can, and save where you can, but when you can afford it, and find something that you need for a long time, it is worth spending a little more for investment pieces. (I also understand the fact that I do not have children, or a family to support, and that things change in life and sometimes you just got to do with what you got, I get it, I am just saying, not having to buy a new vacuum, or furniture, or blender (for example) every year,b/c you bought the slightly more expensive model, will actually pay off over time, b/c paying 25% more, the product will last 2X as long, bam! better return on money..)
Now, off my sustainability tangent, back to my purchase....
This one I justified as my 1 year working anniversary present (I honestly made that up as I was debating hitting the submit bid button with 5 minutes remaining on the item) Which,honestly, really is a good reason, a good present for the occasion, and well... it is a good epitome of me, my beliefs, and my outlook on life... in a watch...

Yes, a fancy watch, so, we shall see how this fits, its a larger face, a "boyfriend" watch, if you will (and since I do not have one to buy me the watch, I will treat myself). I will have to have about an inch (or probably more realistically 2 inches) of links removed, but thats what I get for having tiny wrists and hands... watches are given enough links for fat wristed people, and us small wrister's can take out a bunch of links.
I will let you know how it goes, and take pictures when it arrives on my wrist, I got a "steal" on it, as they retail for roughly $350-500, and I paid with shipping $128.27. Probably just single handily (wristily??) increased the priciest piece of jewelry (I think it counts as jewelry) I own.
A deciding factor was the shear number of reviews from other purchasers that commented that it was a versatile watch that went with jeans and a t-shirt, to that little black dress attire. I honestly do not do well with having to change accessories for outfits much anyways, so that is a key component for me.
I am in a bit of disbelief of the "realness" of the elements of it, but its a really really nice piece...
Here's the facts on my pretty little bling that should be here next week:
- 28 genuine diamond bezel accents
- Stainless steel case and bracelet
- Genuine mother of pearl dial
- Date window at the 4 o'clock position
- Shatter resistant mineral glass crystal
- Water resistant to 100 meters (330 feet)
- 1 second chronograph measures up to 60 minutes
- 12/24 hour time
- Eco-Drive solar powered technology keeps this watch telling time for 180 days once fully charged (110 hours required under an incandescent light for a full charge)(This being the detail that pretty much captures my "career" goals of developing more eco-friendly designs and sustainable projects)
- 31mm case width (approximately 1 1/4")
Wow.... I am cut off from shopping for awhile, need to get to all those books I have to read, and running more...
No comments:
Post a Comment