So sorry, I left you hanging, promising a wonderful make up review, and that is to come shortly, but I had a body realization I must share. SO, I am a girl, which for those that dont' live on planet earth, obviously means there is something about me I worry about and probably exaggerate ten fold what is really there.
One, I have never had a good sense of weight on me, I just kinda what I am, although I always seem to worry about it now, since phuemonia made me itty bitty, I tried to gain some of it back, but prefered to stay small. The problem with this idea, is that I lost muscle mass when I was sick, and when I'm healthy I carry a bit more of it around.
Two, because I am more "muscle-ly" my weight isn't reflective of what "I look like I weigh" so that is why I have always spent very little time on scales. I have no perspective of evening out the muscle weight/mass equation. But today I realized something, I went and weighed myself after eatting, after my run (I am trainning for a full marathon, check it at that blog) and then was walking past the full length mirror and did a double take, then looked again... it was warm today, so I opted for shorts, which, running in brings on a whole new set of issues, but these are the short shorts... and when I looked in the mirror (I am going to attribute "good" lighting to this...) I went, huh, well, it doesn't look like your cellulite thunder thighs aren't so bad, maybe all this running is actually getting to it finally...
I realized, my body is not so bad... I know, duh, right?? its just that internal process, instead of seeing a drastic change, I see myself every day, all the time, its hard to tell differences when you are there everyday...
I know I need to run in compression shorts for my race, its going to be the end of July, and I am going to get hot otherwise... so I've got to figure something out... new nike shorts with a pocket (got to put fuel somewhere) are on their way, maybe I will post a picture in them... although I am worried about people racing with me having to watch my giggly butt bounce in them, I don't know if I can have people I know seeing it too.. Lol..
Anyways, I will always critique my butt/thigh area of my body.... and deep down I know its just me that sees the flaws, but what is "that" spot for you?
No comments:
Post a Comment