I may be the only person left on the planet that listens to the radio more so than my own musical collection. Alright, maybe just in the Western World. However, its just easier, maybe I am old fashioned, with a new Ipod of course.
Actually I had an old Ipod too, and was perfectly happy with it for what it was, a digital library of the music I happened to be able to get on their prior to the latest computer crash, and left that way for years, most of the time it sat in a drawer, rarely used. I have been a believer in buying CD's when its a good one, otherwise I just tend to revert to the radio.
I do have a variety of stations programed in my Car, a "new alternative/rock/hip/hop whatever you want to call the new stuff", an "oldies", NPR, country, and probably another "hip" station.
I admit, I am guilty, I on many occasions will stay in the car, and sit in the driveway to listen to the rest of the song, or the talk show segment, but thats part of the "experience" of radio.
Anyhow, the real reason I continue to remain a fan of radio I think is due to the fact I just never had a functioning computer long enough to build a stable Ipod music library collection, nor felt like allocating funds to this cause, nor time to organize and develop it into play lists, all while not getting sick of my musical collection.
With this said, I have found a reason to love my Ipod Nano 5th generation (I think thats what it is anyways, it has got a camera on it, along with a multitude of other things I probably will never ever use)
It does, however, have a Radio function on it... and you can pause the live radio too... Fancy!
I got the Ipod as a gift (thanks dad!), and would have been completely happy with an older generation one, but I utilize my Ipod sooo much more due to the Radio function... Good move Apple, even if its meant to target a draw from the over 40-45 crowd, this 24 year old is sold on it.
I'm an old fashioned girl and will always love and prefer the radio, even with local Corny commercials, some ridiculous radio host, and the good with the bad music. What about you? Do I just think I am the only radio-aohlic anymore, but really am in good company?



No comments:
Post a Comment