I did ditch the basket for my brown purse, since logistically I have done the box shaped costumes, the accessory costumes and they just get in the way... I am pretty happy with my hood, a little assistance in the gathering around the neck, and it was done in a few hours (a few interruptions of mother phone calls about bridesmaid dresses for my sisters wedding occurred).
After a day full of helping a friend out weeding and yard work I rushed home, showered and changed and met up with these two... who also had exciting costumes made by Kristen herself... I was soo happy when I got word they would be back in town for halloween!!!! and as a huge fan of home made costumes, I loved it. Although honestly I couldn't take anything Tyler said seriously with his costume on...
This girl is great, and we had a silly fun time bouncing between the few dive bars in Arcata and grabbing a late night doughnut (seriously the best doughnuts in the world... no joke, although they might be laced with crack...) I was so glad to have her in town.
Now, last year I was unaware of how big of a deal halloween is here in Humboldt County. For reference, any themed party I went to was, well, lacking in the creative and costume portion. Which for a girl that loves dress up, was highly disappointing and disheartening. Assuming that halloween was the same I threw together a Raver costume (courtesy of living with some extreme ravers for a year in college I knew all the details) headed down to the plaza... boy was I wrong, apparently everyone saves all their creative juices for halloween... so this year at least making a red riding hood cape I was putting some effort in. Although I was shocked the plaza wasn't crawling with the -21 crowd like last year, I think the entire police department was camped out. Maybe people will go out tonight. Either way, in the bars there was some great costumes, here are a few pictures document the evening...
did you go out? any winning costume sightings?
First winner of the night, 2 girls dressed up as hunters in the jungle or something, this on their jackets...
L-O-V-E - ed it...
Next there was a few animal costumes, but this one, was, no pun intended (ok maybe a lil) a head above the rest ; ).
Home made giraffe that had some interest techniques for getting through doorways... and was pretty comical to watch in the black and white tv that showed the out back area, between the lawn gnome and the giraffe it was hysterical.
We ended up hanging out with a fe other people through out the night, but heres is a brief overview of the debaucher that unfolded as the intoxication went up....
Oh and Wall-E and Ava got a shot of Jameson from the one bartender, Seth, who was so stoked and giggling at how awesome Wall-E was... (he was a large mexican bartender, who reminds me of my friend Jose so much, both bartenders, both LA/Hollywood-esk and just funny good guys)
Wheels started to fall off...
We started to get sticker-ed up without knowing!
Then the wheels just down right fell off....
After navigating an unbalanced Wall-E turning in circles thanks to only having one wheel, we navigated to doughnuts, water, sat on the plaza to people watch for a few seconds til we froze, and then headed to our cars and home to warm beds, an excellent halloween if I do say so myself...
Now I just get off to run 6 miles with Ms. Kristen herself, I am thinking of showing up as an 80's workout chick, just in the spirit of halloween, I will take pictures if I get a chance... Did I mention I like dressing up??
No comments:
Post a Comment